Pages

January 1, 2012

Happy New Year Everyone!

Well, its 1st January 2012.  That kind of blows me away the teensiest bit.  I know so many of you can relate.  Where have all the years gone?  #momentofawe  This year, while not my best year ever has certainly been one of the biggest for me on so many levels.

I've had some pretty interesting health issues crop up.  And in the past, that would have rendered me fairly useless to the world at large.  But this year I've also made some staggering progress in terms of my self development.  

Not many people know that I've had a life long case of PTSD and depression.  For these reasons I cant work a 'normal' 9 to 5.  But, I'm a pretty darn private person though so that's not really a surprise.  I'm 'coming out' now because I have made so many amazing new friends this year.  And some of them also suffer from a mental illness.  Having a mental illness can end your life.  To survive every day is an achievement for some.  No one should treat this lightly or as if it was some kind of shameful disease.   Having a mental illness and/or depression is a very big deal.  I want to show my other friends, who struggle daily my support by sharing this part of myself with you. :oD

Happily, I have found an amazing psychologist.  In the last year she has helped me learn whole new coping strategies and has encouraged me to take more interest in myself.  This has been life changing for me.  So much so that I've decided to take back control of my life, for the first time ever.  This feels pretty damn amazing.

In the last four or five weeks I've started seeing an exercise physiologist.  To help me lose weight, regain my fitness and conquer some of my other health issues.  Diabetes being first on the list.  And I am determined to make this happen.  I am so focused on achieving these goals that my entire outlook has changed.  This is a good, good thing.

This new perspective has allowed me to finally accept what I'm supposed to be doing.  I have found my calling and she is named 'fibre hoar'.  I'm embracing her, and the sisterhood of fibre hoars out there in general. :oD 

And this also is in part to the amazing, supportive, generous of spirit people who have, happily, entered my life.  I had forgotten what it meant to count someone a true friend.  It feels very nice to be able to do this again.  So thank you.  Thank you all for your continued support, encouragement and friendship.  You have all saved me on levels that I cannot describe.

I wish you all peace, love and wonderful times for 2012 and beyond.  Happy New Year to you all. 

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment