Pages

November 29, 2009

I'm spinning around....

I've been spinning madly every day since I finished the birthday cape. I finished my first spinning effort and am already knitting it up into a pretty lace shawl for myself.





I started spinning my second attempt but have had to put it on the back burner till next week as I'm waiting for some other fibre to arrive. I've ordered some Mulberry Silk top and some Angelina Fibre that I intend to blend it with before plying it.



I finally got around to re-carding the corriedale fibre that I dyed and blended it up with some cute little mohair curls that I had in my sculpting kit and some gold tinsel. I spun it all up thick and thin and then Navajo plyed it, which I'd never done before. Having tried it I cant say I'm a huge fan of Navajo plying but it did make an interesting looking yarn. Its very chunky and reminds me of a bubblegum flavoured icecream made in NZ called goody goody gum drops. I decided to enter my yarn into this months spinning challenge on a Ravelry group that I'm a member of. The theme for the month is Movies or Sweet Tooth. As my yarn looked like icecream I decided to enter it...suitably named 'Goody Goody Gum Drops/Bubblegum Paddle Pops.






Tonight I started spinning another batch of fibre that I have here. I have only 100g of this fibre so I'm spinning it as thin as I can manage in order to get as many metres as possible. I want to knit something really delicate and lacey with it for myself.


No comments:

Post a Comment