Pages

January 20, 2010

Mini Baaa

I stumbled across a thread on Ravelry yesterday asking spinners if their wheel has a sheep. I'd never heard of this but being a whimsical (read; channels inner six year old often) type of person the concept REALLY appealed to me. Some of the people on the thread had the cutest little sheep living on their wheels. At first I was faced with a bit of a dilemma; my wheel is borrowed. So I didn't know if it would be appropriate to make a little sheep to live on it. Then of course, I stupidly went searching for toy sheep patterns, 'just in case' I found one I could use at a 'later date'. Pfft.

The rest writes itself really. I found an adorable pattern that I just couldn't resist...needless to say three hours later I had a teensy sheep who I named Eugene. The pattern is totally free; you can make your own teensy wheel inhabiting sheep toy by going to flutterby patch where you will also find loads of other delightful little knitted toys. Anyhoo, meet Eugene, he stands 5.5cm high and from nose to bottom he is 7.5cm long.


No comments:

Post a Comment