Pages

February 1, 2010

Fibre club addiction and Niebling love

When I first started spinning about three months ago, I excitedly signed up for three fibre clubs. This means I'll automatically have three different wads of fibre sent to me in January, February and March this year. I cannot even begin to tell you how exciting it has been to receive the first installments of my fibre clubs for Jan.

The Ewe Give Me The Knits fibre club was the first to arrive. Its a lovely 100g braid of Merino and Milk in relaxing shades of green, blue and yellow that make me think of a shady pond in the forest. I'm looking forward to spinning it to see if the colours spin up to look as soothing as I think they will.





That week I also ordered some lovely hand painted merino braids from EGMTK and they arrived with my fibre club parcel.




The second installment to arrive was my Ixchelbunny fibre club; an incredibly soft angora bunny and silk blend in some of my favourite colours. I think this braid will make some of the softest yarn I've ever felt and I'm thinking I might even ply it with a strand of straight silk to make it even more special.





The final installment of my fibrey goodness to arrive was the Ixchelbunny Funky Bunny Batt Club. I opened this and almost fell over. Its the most beautiful fibre I've ever seen and I think its going to just sit in my stash till I can figure out how to do it the most justice.




I think if these three amazing fibre deliveries are anything to go by, the next two months are going to be pretty exciting. I cant wait...which is proven by the fact that on Friday I ordered more fibre and some silk yarn...somebody stop me...on second thoughts, nahhh that's ok...lol.

For Christmas last year I bought myself a copy of 'Knitted Lace Designs of Herbert Niebling' by Eva Maria Leszner. One of my Christmas presents was a lovely Japanese tea set from my partner and I decided it would need a doily to sit upon. So on Christmas day I started knitting my first Niebling doily from the book and today I finished it. It's not quite dry yet but it is all blocked out and looks lovely. I'm very happy with how this has turned out. After all, it is officially my fourth finished lace item and the pattern was very intricate. I have to add that I am also now completely addicted to knitting Niebling.



No comments:

Post a Comment