Pages

April 15, 2011

Bring on the FO's

A couple of weeks ago I mentioned a lace shawl that I was knitting and posted an update pic.  

What I didn't mention was that I was knitting the shawl as a special gift for a fabulous lady who is one of the most inspirational people I've ever known.  She has struggled through the last few years; surviving cancer, dealing with infertility, working her butt off to grow her small business and of course dealing with the financial strain that we have all come to know and love in the mean time.  Despite all of this she maintains an upbeat attitude and a big generous heart, somehow finding the inner fortitude and resources to give so much to so many people, myself included.  So I decided that I would use some fibre that she gave to me to knit something really special for her.  I finished the shawl more than a week ago and sent it to her.  It finally arrived yesterday and I'm very pleased to say that she is very happy with her gift.  Here is a photo of the finished shawl.



I have also knitted a small neckerchief style shawlette for myself for winter.  It was made from a skein of my handspun and has turned out lovely and soft.  It will be a welcome neck warmer in the next few weeks.

Pattern: 198 yds. of heaven

I also finished the scarves that I'd started making for a friend.  They went in the post this morning and hopefully will keep her warm for a good long time.  Here is the third one, also a neckerchief style scarf.



That's all my FO's for this week.  I have other projects, both spun and knitted on the go but nothing else is finished so far.

2 comments:

  1. I am blushing so much because of your wonderful comments that Aliens can probably spot me lightyears away. If they do and happen to kidnap me to their icy planet as a blushing light source, I will have your wonderful shawl to keep me warm! You are amazing Shevi. Thank you so much ! ((hugs))Charly

    ReplyDelete
  2. The aliens can't kidnap you Charly...where would I get more camel/bunny/silk if they did that? I say NOOOOOO to the aliens...you cant have her...shes ours! ;o)

    ReplyDelete