Pages

July 7, 2009

No time for knitting

It's been a very busy week for me, so busy in fact that I've almost had no time to knit.

I've signed up to Ravelry, which I have to say I'm loving. I've met a lovely lady from my local area on there who is willing to knit with me...in public...omg. She has already been a font of useful information. For example, she put me onto a great yarn supplier at the Broadmeadow Farmers Market from whom I bought some gorgeous baby alpaca yarn on the weekend, and fully intend to go back for more as soon as possible.



After I purchased this deliciously soft yarn, I promptly took myself off to Spotlight to buy a 3mm circular needle for knitting lace and then realised when I got home that this yarn is a bit too fine for that. So Im off to Spotlight again later in the week to buy a 2mm circular needle.

Last week I ordered some gorgeous mongolian cashmere yarn from Knitters Addiction in QLD and it arrived on Monday. I have to tell you, this is THE softest, finest yarn I've ever seen in my life and since it was quite expensive I think I'm going to keep it for knitting something gorgeous for myself. Honestly though, if you are a lover of fine quality yarn and you want to splurge on something divine (if moderately expensive), go to their website and order yourself some 100% mongolian cashmere. You wont regret it...I'm definately going back for more.



I also ordered some new pattern booklets by Evelyn Clark which arrived on Monday as well...it was almost like it was my birthday. They're fantastic and I've added them to my library of patterns that I'm going to knit...eventually. Lol.





I have also mastered the new knitting technique I spoke about in my last post and I like it so much that I dont think I'll ever go back to the old way. It has cut my knitting time in half and I no longer have sore shoulders from knitting for extended periods of time. I strongly recommend continental knitting to anyone who is game enough to give it a try.

On top of all of this (as if that wasnt enough) I have persuaded a good friend of mine to teach me to spin, which I'm REALLY looking forward to. I found an online supplier of the most beautiful fibre right here in Australia called Ewe Give Me the Knits and I just cant wait to buy some of their stunning merino.

Thats about it for this week. Don't forget to check out my current works in progress on my Ravelry page. Leave me feedback or comments if you wish. And if you find a really great Aussie supplier of yarns, fibres or knitting accessories that I would love to hear about, send me a link.

Happy knitting (I know I am) :oD

No comments:

Post a Comment