Pages

June 18, 2009

Blogs to read this week

As someone who has only recently taken up lace knitting I am obviously having to learn some new techniques, so I am constantly on the look out for great tutorials and tips from people who make it look both easy AND gorgeous. Thankfully there are a plethora of knitters blogs out there that offer great tutorials, tips and links to helpful sites.

This week I am perusing See Eunny Knit!, a fantastic blog site that has not just tutorials, but also patterns available for download and tips on all manner of things knitty. I particularly liked her article/tutorial on lace knitting composition, and of course, I have already downloaded her fabulous print 'o the wave stole, even though its entirely too ambitios for my burgeoning skills just yet. If you want to keep up with what Eunny is doing she has recently moved to a new address.

I am also reading Yarn Harlot by Stephanie Pearl-McPhee. Stephanie is an award winning blogger who has published several books about knitters and knitting, travels around the planet teaching groups of people knitting techniques, designs some of the most delicate looking lace I've seen, and she still manages to make mistakes in her knitting. I mention this because its so nice to see such a professional and seasoned knitter out there making mistakes and not being too proud to tell people about it. On top of this, her blogs are seriously entertaining.

Pink Lemon Twist is another lace knitters blog that has at least one pattern available for sale that I'd be interesed in having a go at...maybe in a year or two when I have successfully completed a couple of projects.

Clearly there are many more fantastically helpful knitters blogs and sites out there that I have yet to find, but these are my choices for this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment